CANTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING
TUESDAY OCTOBER 19, 2021– 6:30
Historic Depot-Donald E Edwards Way
50 North 4th Avenue Canton Il 61520
Kent McDowell, Mayor of the City of Canton, as head of the public body, as defined in subsection (e) of Section 2 of the Freedom of Information Act, has determined that an in-person meeting or a meeting conducted under the Illinois Open Meetings Act is not practical or prudent because of a disaster, as defined in Section 4 of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency Act, which has been declared by the Governor of the State of Illinois. The City of Canton is covered by the disaster area declared by the Honorable Governor J.B. Pritzker.
Further, pursuant to the Open Meetings Act, this meeting (including open and closed portions thereof) will be conducted by video conference (via Zoom). The Mayor will be physically present at the meeting location, located at City Hall, 2 N. Main Street, Canton, Illinois 61520. All other requirements of 5 ILCS 120/7(e) will be followed.
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Oct 19, 2021 06:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Topic: 10-19-2021 council agenda
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +13126266799,,82549680855# or +16465588656,,82549680855#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128
Webinar ID: 825 4968 0855
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdkMt9KOjb
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ADDITIONS OR CORRECTIONS TO THE AGENDA
- Approval of the council meeting minutes held October 5, 2021 and the public hearing minutes held October 1, 2021
ALDERPERSON ANDRA CHAMBERLIN, CHAIRMAN
- Bill List
- Annual Treasurer’s Report
- Public Works Report
- Discuss, consider and vote on the notice of intent to award the lead service line replacement project to Walker Excavating Co., Inc.
LEGAL & ORDINANCE
ALDERPERSON CRAIG WEST, CHAIRMAN
- Discuss, consider and vote on authorizing the city attorney and the mayor to retain expert for pending litigation.
NEGOTIATIONS, GRIEVANCE & PERSONNEL
ALDERPERSON JUSTIN NELSON, CHAIRMAN
- Discuss and consider collective negotiating matters between the City of Canton and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.
- Discuss, consider and vote on a resolution approving an agreement between the City of Canton and AFSCME Local 1372 authorizing and directing the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute said agreement on behalf of the City of Canton, Illinois.
COMMUNITY & INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT
ALDERPERSON JOHN LOVELL, CHAIRMAN
- Discuss, consider and vote on a special event and road closure request for the YMCA’s Turkey trot to be held November 25, 2021
PUBLIC WORKS, WATER & SEWER
ALDERPERSON ANGIE LINGENFELTER, CHAIRMAN
PUBLIC SAFETY & TRAFFIC
ALDERPERSON ANGELA HALE, CHAIRMAN
STREETS AND GARBAGE
ALDERPERSON JEFF FRITZ, CHAIRMAN
LAKE, BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
ALDERPERSON GREG GOSSETT, CHAIRMAN
Executive session for the purpose of: personnel, grievance, pending litigation, negotiations, land acquisition and business matters