Canton Historic Depot
Located near the intersection of East Elm Street and Fourth Avenue, the Canton Historic Depot is a reminder of the evolution of transportation in Canton. It features a center foyer which leads to the original ticket window and counter. To the left is meeting space with a horseshoe seating arrangement, where Canton City Council meetings take place. To the right is open gathering space for parties, showers, receptions, etc. The depot is available for rental.
History of the Depot
The Canton Historic Depot was built in 1914 for the Chicago, Burlington, & Quincy Railroad, the train depot was restored to its original condition in the year 2000. The building still maintains its original woodwork, tile flooring, windows, baggage room, and brick street.
How to Rent the Depot
Rental of the depot goes through the City of Canton’s Mayor’s Office at (309) 647-0065.
Capacity of space: 49 people
Tables and chairs: Available for up to 40 people
Fees: Charges are dependent upon the use and the residency/purpose of the renter, but the general cost for renting for a shower/reception is $75.
General Rules: General rules prohibit the use of alcohol and tobacco products on the premises.