Each year, the Canton Area Chamber establishes a variety of committees and task forces to accomplish its strategic plan and numerous events throughout the year. Chamber members have the opportunity to become more involved in meaningful ways. Find a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and lifestyle.
The Ambassadors Club is an organization to serve as the public relations division of the Canton Area Chamber of Commerce and as the good-will ambassadors for the City of Canton. Ambassadors are prestigious volunteers who, on behalf of the Chamber, are chosen to make good-will calls to encourage new and continued membership and active support of Chamber functions.
Business & Community Development
Mission: The mission of the Business & Community Development Committee is to help promote a healthy business community and ensure quality of life for residents in Canton.
Business & Community Development Objectives:
- Shop Local campaign
- Small Business Saturday initiative
- Adopt-a-Street program
- Professional Development Opportunities
Mission: The mission of the Government Affairs committee is to monitor & facilitate discussion related to local, state and federal legislation that may positively or adversely affect the Canton area business community.
Government Affairs Objectives:
- Informs membership of local, state and federal issues that affect business
- Cultivates and strengthens relationships between the Chamber’s membership and elected and appointed officials across all levels of government
- Organizes “Meet the Candidates” forum
- Participates in Legislative Reception in Peoria & Lobby Day in Springfield
- Active members of the Central Illinois Regional Chambers Legislative Efforts organization
Member & Public Relations
Mission: The mission of the Member & Public Relations Committee is to help elevate the presence of the Canton Area Chamber of Commerce and its members within the community.
Member & Public Relations Objectives:
- Promotes positive business within the community & acts as a mentor for current members
- Organizes ‘Welcome Bags’
- Facilitates the Business Spotlight & Chamber Champion
- Supports and helps promote special events hosted by CACC
Youth Leadership Academy
Canton Area Chamber of Commerce is preparing our students for the workforce and providing them with a mentor program opportunity! We provide workshops that cover real world business practices, job skills and soft skills through a partnership with Spoon River College Outreach.
All students are from Canton High School an begin the program, after being accepted through an application process, their sophomore year and continue through their senior year. As a Senior they get to experience real life job shadowing right here in the community!
Interested in becoming a mentor of a YLA student involved in this amazing program? Contact the Canton Chamber office for more information.
Special Events Committees
The Canton Area Chamber of Commerce holds a number of annual signature events and programs. These events attract business and community leaders and offer excellent networking opportunities for all members. The Special Events Committees oversee individual events that are chaired by chamber members. Committee members for each event organize programs, food & beverages, entertainment, decorations and sponsorships as needed. Working on an event subcommittee is an effective way to meet other chamber members and strengthen networking ties.