Residential Development

Permits are required and City of Canton Codes complied with by any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure or construct a fence, swimming pool (capable of containing 24″ of water or more) or retaining wall over 4′ in height.

Contact the Planning & Zoning Department prior to beginning any work to see if a permit is required.

A completed permit application, permit fee and drawing showing all structures with dimensions and setbacks should be submitted to the Planning & Zoning Department. Allow 4 days for the processing of the permit.

Helpful links and forms: