Permits are required and City of Canton Codes complied with by any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure or construct a fence, swimming pool (capable of containing 24″ of water or more) or retaining wall over 4′ in height.
Contact the Planning & Zoning Department prior to beginning any work to see if a permit is required.
A completed permit application, permit fee and drawing showing all structures with dimensions and setbacks should be submitted to the Planning & Zoning Department. Allow 4 days for the processing of the permit.
Helpful links and forms:
- New Single-Family Dwellings and Duplexes checklist
- Items to be included on Residential Plans
- Permit Application Form
- Building Regulations
- Residential District Regulations
- Roofing Contractor License Ordinance
- Roofing Contractor Application
- Deck Guidelines
- Residential Ramp Specifications
- Detached Garage Details
- Swimming Pool Regulations
- Fence Regulations